This introductory course is intended for all employees working in the petroleum industry. It can also perform as a refresher for experienced workers, supervisors and managers. It covers the general overview of health and safety hazards and how to control these situations. The course discusses legal framework that employers must follow, along with workers’ and employers’ responsibilities with respect to health and safety in the work environment.
The course is designed as a multimedia program with video, audio and interactive lessons. Topics include:
– Petroleum Industry Processes Overview
– Rights and Responsibilities
– Hazard Recognition, Assessment and Control
– Personal Protective Equipment and Clothing
– Education, Training and Competency
– Safety Communication
– Emergency response Planning and Incident Reporting
– Special Topics in the Petroleum Industry
– Personal Well-Being
There is a closed book exam with participants requiring at least 80% to pass. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Duration: 4-6 hours
Course Capacity: 20